As an Assemblies of God affiliated church, we adhere to the 16 Fundamental Beliefs of our fellowship.
1. We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe that the one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (aka, the Trinity). (Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22)
3. We believe in the Deity of Jesus – who, God’s son born to earth, took on humanity but never relinquished His divinity. (Acts 1:9,11; 2:33)
4. We believe that although created good and upright, humanity willingly fell to sin – bringing evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. (Gen 1:26,27; 2:17; 3:6; Rom 5:12-19)
5. We believe that mankind’s only hope of redemption is through the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ the Son of God. We believe that every person can have restored fellowship with God through this “Salvation” – which is received thought repentance (turning toward God) and faith in Jesus (and His saving work). (Lk 24:47; Jn 3:3; Rom 10:13-15; Eph 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; Romans 8:16; Eph 4:24; Titus 2:12)
6. We believe in the practice two ordinances (1) water baptism by immersion as a public declaration of one’s faith in Jesus (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:16; Acts 10:47,48; Rom 6:4), and (2) Holy Communion (aka, the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic act which affirms our identification with Christ, remembers His suffering, and points forward to His return. (1 Cor 11:26, 2 Ptr 1:4)
7. We believe that all believers are entitled to and should expect and seek the promise of the Father: the baptism in the Holy Spirit – an experience distinct from and subsequent to salvation that empowers believers with an increased fullness of the Holy Spirit for life and service, as seen in New Testament times. *This is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of “salvation” – at which the Spirit indwells. (1 Cor 12:1-31; Acts 10:44-46; 11:14-16; Acts 4:8; Acts 2:42; Mk 16:20)
8. We believe that “speaking in tongues” is the initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles. (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:5-6; 1 Cor 14:18)
9. We believe that sanctification – separation from that which is evil and dedication to God – initially occurs at salvation and is also a progressive lifelong process of being separated from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike. (Rom 12:1,2; 1 Thess 5:23; Heb 13:12; Rom 6:1-11,13; 8:1,2,13; Gal 2:20; Philippians 2:12,13)
10. We believe that the Church (the global community of people, regardless of denomination, who have accepted God’s offer of redemption through Jesus)has a Mission to
a. seek and save all who are lost in sin
b. be a corporate body in which man may worship God
c. be a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of believers being perfected in the image of His Son
d. be a people who demonstrate God’s love and compassion for all the world.
(Eph 1:22,23; 2:22; Heb 12:23; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19,20; Mark 16:15,16; 1 Cor 12:13, 12:28, 14:12; Eph 4:11-16; Psalms 112:9; Gal 2:10, 6:10; James 1:27)
11. We believe that a divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the fourfold purpose of leading the Church in
a. evangelization of the world
b. worship of God
c. building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son
d. meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion.
(Mark 16:15-20; John 4:23,24; Eph 4:11-16; Psalms 112:9; Gal 2:10, 6:10; James 1:27)
12. We believe that divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross. (Is 53:4,5; Mt 8:16,17)
13. We believe in “The Blessed Hope” — when Jesus “raptures” His Church prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). All believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. (1 Thess 4:16,17)
14. We believe in “the Millennial Reign of Christ” – when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace. (Rev 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6; Rom 11:26,27; Isa 11:6-9)
15. We believe that a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8)
16. We believe and look forward to the perfect “New Heavens and a New Earth” that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’ (2 Ptr 3:13; Revelation 21,22)
For questions regarding any of these statements of belief, email Pastor David.