Sunday, January 3 to Saturday, January 23
- Sunday 9 & 11am – Worship Services
- Monday-Friday 6:00am – Morning Prayer
- Saturday 9:00am – Saturday-for-Sunday Prayer
*The sanctuary will also be open for prayer from 7am to Noon, Monday through Friday.
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
We encourage the entire Capital Church community to participate in our 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer. It really doesn’t matter how you fast. But it really will make a difference for you – and within you – if you will participate in the Fast.
Here’s how you can participate:
1. Choose a Fast
Prayerfully choose a type of fast from the list below. Whichever you choose, commit to it as an exercise in spiritual discipline and expression of worship.
Abstain from food – fully or partially – for 21 days. Variations include:
- fast all food except water
- fast all solid foods (only drink juices and broths)
- fast a certain type of food (e.g. meat, sweets, etc.)
- “The Daniel Fast” (see daniel-fast.com).
- Repeat a daily cycle of 16 hours fasting / 8 hours feeding (or: 18/6, 20/4)
- Daylight Fast (fast during daylight hours)
- 3-for-3 Fast (fast 3 days per week, for 3 weeks)
Mix and match any of the above types of fasting. One example:
- The Richter (7 days water only + 7 juice/broth only + 7 Daniel Fast)
*Always consult your physician prior to beginning any type of fast.
*Never fast water.
2. Remember the Point
Biblical Fasting is the act of humbling oneself before God. It’s more than just abstaining from something; it’s about making room for God-focused devotion through practices like prayer, Bible reading, and serving others. It’s about setting your mind on God, allowing Him to re-align your heart to be in harmony with His and to turn your focus from your wants to others’ needs.
3. Share the Experience
Don’t fast alone. Attend the events on the 21 Days schedule. Connect with friends who are also participating in the 21Days, to pray together, encourage one another, and share what you’re learning. Keep a journal of your experience